Socom has a sound suppressor more silent then G-17 SD's suppressor, as well as a laser module which can be used to distract enemies. It has considerable stopping power, and is equipped by Jones in most of the Libyan missions. Unlike G-17 SD, Socom is also found on some locations in the missions, allowing players to aquire more ammo for use. Although it is silent, enemies close to the player could still listen to it. Furthermore, an enemy not killed but injured by its shot can alert other guards too.
Socom is also equipped by Anya in the final cutscene of the game.
Socom is based on real life Heckler & Koch Mk 23.
IGI 2: Covert Strike
- Libyan Rendezvous: Given at the beginning of the mission.
- Prison Escape: Found in a room near Priboi's Cell.
- Priboi's Villa: Can be carried from the previous mission. Also found on a crate near the swimming pool.
- The Airfield: Can be carried from the previous mission. Three are also found in Priboi's warehouse.
- Zaleb's Stronghold: Can be carried from the previous mission.
- Showdown at the Docks: Given at the beginning of the mission.