The RPG-7 is a shoulder-launched rocket-propelled grenade weapon, that is frequently used in anti-tank combat. It is featured in IGI 2:Covert Strike, though appears in the game directory of Project IGI.
- RPG-7 appears in the game directory but seems to have been removed from gameplay.
RPG-7 is used by Chinese and Libyan special forces. It is also found in Ambush level. It has a good low range scope, and also holds multiple rockets at a time. Unlike the LAW 80, it can be reloaded and reused, having a maximum of 3 rockets available.
IGI 2: Covert Strike
- Ambush: Found in a truck
- Priboi's Villa: Found on a guard in a building in the garage compound (last objective)
- The Airfield: Found on guards that arrive via helicopters
- Zaleb's Stronghold: Found on multiple guards
- Showdown at the Docks: Found on guards that arrive if alarm is raised
- The Ancient Temple: Found on some guards
- Secret Weapons Lab: Found on some guards in the tunnel leading to the lab
- Mission Control: Found in the mission
- The Launch Pad: Found on some special forces guards
- In Zaleb's Stronghold, a heat-seeking version is used by guards against the helicopter containing David Jones, though it deals much lower damage than the normal RPG-7. That variant is normally unusable by the player: when the soldiers holding it are killed, they drop the standard RPG-7 instead. However, if one hacks the game files, they can obtain the weapon, which is referred to as "IR SAM", but its homing capabilities don't function properly.