The M2HB is a fixed heavy machine gun which is mounted on the ground or on open-side helicopters. It is featured in both IGI games.
In real life, the M2HB is not used by the Russians. Their primary heavy machine guns are the NSV and Kord.
The "M2HB" name is not used during the gameplay, as it does not have a HUD when equipped. When equipped, it provides an unlimited ammo to the shooter, but has no crosshair for aiming. It is referred to as the Sentry Gun in the game directory. It is usually mounted in bunkers or balconies of guard HQ buildings.
In IGI 2: Covert Strike, M2HB gains a unique crosshair, along with HUD. However, it has limited ammo now, which is usually in thousands of rounds. It is mounted on the ground, or open side of a helicopter.
Project IGI: Edit
- GOD: Mounted in a bunker near Josef's prison. Cannot be equipped by the player
- Get Priboi: Three are mounted in the large warehouse at first compound, and used by some guards for training
- Re-supply: Mounted on the balconies of guard HQ building in the infantry base
- Missile Trainyard: Mounted in a bunker
- Eagle's Nest I: Mounted on the balconies of guard HQ building in 2nd base
- Nuclear Infiltration: Mounted in a bunker at the last checkpoint
IGI 2: Covert Strike: Edit
- Bridge across the Denstr: Mounted near the bridge
- Ambush: Mounted near the bridge
- The Airfield: Mounted on the open side of helicopter
- Zaleb's Stronghold: Mounted on the open side of helicopter. Also mounted on the roofs of buildings
- Airstrike: Mounted near SAM batteries
- The Ancient Temple: Mounted on the gates
- M2HB makes its first appearance in 4th mission of both IGI games.